The Martingale betting system is renowned as being one of the oldest betting strategies still operating in the gambling industry. It works well for particular casino games like roulette and poker but is extremely effective in a game of blackjack.
Essentially, it is a negative progression online betting system which means you are required to double your bet if you were to lose and then revert to the value of the original wager if you win.
One of the greatest advantages of this online betting strategy is that it helps you to keep track of exactly how you are sizing your blackjack bets, which is convenient during your gameplay.
If you want to learn more about this strategy for when you’re next playing blackjack online, let’s dive right in!
What Is It?
The Martingale system is a betting strategy with a pretty simple concept. The basic premise is to increase the size of your bet on every losing hand. This allows you to get your money back whenever you win, regardless of the number of consecutive losses.
One of the most important things to remember when you are using the Martingale Betting Strategy during a game of blackjack is that its primary focus is always going to be geared towards quicker sessions, quick bets, and quitting the game while you’re ahead.
Attempting to get a big win and play for longer periods than you should (or can) goes directly against everything the system was initially designed and used for.
If you want the system to work effectively, every single bet that you place must have an outcome of 50-50. Again, this is the only surefire way to ensure you recoup any losses.
How The Martingale Betting System Works In Blackjack
Overall, the most appropriate way to utilize the Martingale betting system is to place only even money bets.
The Martingale betting system is relatively simple to learn and is a type of strategy that can be adapted to fit multiple other table games. Like other types of betting systems, this doesn’t have the overall goal of overcoming the house edge.
To demonstrate how the system works, it’s best to take a look at an applicable example. assumes that your initial wager is $10.
You must begin by placing a bet. For this example, imagine you’re placing a $10 wager. The size of your next wager will then be decided by the outcome of this round.
If you win, you’re required to put the same wager amount down ($10). If you lose, you must make a wager that equals double your initial bet ($20).
If you’re on a consecutive losing streak, your next bet will be double again — $40 in this case.
Let’s assume that this trend carries on and you’ve lost an additional two bets, resulting in you doubling your bets twice ($80 and $160 respectively). If you then go on to win a single hand, you’ll be further ahead in terms of your winnings as you will have made a profit on top of what you initially bet.
Pros and Cons of the Martingale Betting System In Blackjack
- It is a pretty straightforward betting system meaning just about anyone can use it during a game of blackjack — regardless of whether you’re a beginner to the game or an experienced professional.
- With this strategy, you can protect yourself against massive deficit losses in blackjack. It also grants you the useful ability to quickly recover using a small wager tactic.
- You also know when to walk away from the game. You’re always in control of the amounts and types of wagers that you make. This means that regardless of how you’re playing, you can cash out at your limit.
- It is also an excellent system for any short-term betting, especially if you’re planning to only play for a few hours at a time instead of extended periods. If a player has an infinite bankroll and the sportsbook or casino does not have any wager limits, this strategy will be more profitable.
- This betting strategy does not factor in blackjack moves like doubling down or splitting. If you ignore these, you’re increasing the odds dramatically in the case of the house.
- As great as the system is in theory, it’s pretty risky. You may lose your entire betting bankroll in a short period, especially if you have consecutive losing hands.
- This type of betting system is not designed for extended playing sessions. If you were to play for a considerable amount of time, you’ll likely go bust.
That concludes everything you need to know about the online Martingale Betting System in a game of blackjack. Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of how it works and why it is so useful in a game of online blackjack.
Ultimately, you must remember this is one of the more risky online betting strategies to employ in a game of blackjack, especially if you’re planning to play it for a considerably long time. Any prolonged losing streak can bankrupt those even with the largest bankroll.