Whether you were injured in a car crash in Wytheville or are a victim of medical malpractice, you need legal advice. While the internet has many free articles, each personal case is unique and must be reviewed in light of the circumstances. It is wise to engage a personal injury lawyer in Wytheville who can offer necessary inputs on filing a claim. In this post, we are sharing critical details for choosing a seasoned attorney.
Meet your lawyer – in person
Most law firms in Wytheville will be happy to review your case. Instead of discussing things on the phone, insist on meeting an attorney in person. This allows you to find necessary details about the firm and the attorney’s profile.
Make a list of questions
When you meet a PI lawyer for the first time, here are some questions to ask –
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Virginia?
- Have you ever filed and argued a PI lawsuit in court?
- Do you have experience working with big insurance companies?
- What is my case worth? What’s the maximum settlement I can expect?
- Will you work on a contingency fee? What would you charge?
- Are you currently busy? If yes, who else from the firm can take my case?
- Can you share a detailed overview of the expected expenses?
- How long will it take to win a settlement?
- What do you expect from me? What should I do when the insurance company calls me?
- What factors can impact the outcome of this case?
For instance, if you were injured in a car crash but were partially responsible for the same, you cannot recover a settlement as per Virginia laws. Hiding that fact is not going to help you. When you discuss the case with a personal injury lawyer, ensure you share the correct details. If you have evidence, including photos of your injuries or medical reports, give a copy of everything to the lawyer.
Hiring an attorney for your injury claim doesn’t have to mean immediate expenses, which is a great relief. For someone dealing with financial strain following an accident, seeking legal help doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. Just take your time to know the lawyer and ensure they understand the nature and complications of your claim. You can always ask about the other expenses that are your responsibility.