Starting a cleaning business providing different cleaning services like mold remediation or trauma scene cleanup can be reasonable way to become a successful entrepreneur. There will always be houses to clean and people look forward to this job.
Are you interested in owning a cleaning company but don’t know where to start? You just need the right strategies and the right checklist.
Cleaning services like water damage cleanup or trauma scene cleanup are an affordable and potentially lucrative option for those who look starting a business on their own.
Follow this guide on how to start your own cleaning company. This will be of good benefit to you.
Why start a cleaning business?
According to Cleaning Industry Research, there were over 3.5 million employees working in the cleaning business in 2019 and the number has only grown since then.
By starting a cleaning business, you enter a huge market with a large number of clients. There will always be a request for cleaning services that will keep your business running.
There are many reasons why it is worth starting a cleaning business.
- Stable market: whatever the cleaning services are, either trauma scene cleanup or water damage cleanup, they will always be in constant demand.
- Restart Business: Cleaning is an ongoing service business. There is always a need for cleaning that brings you a stable business as well as a stable regular income.
- Low overheads: In addition to cleaning supplies and other essentials, you can start a commercial cleaning franchise with little capital. You can invest in tools and equipment as your business grows and you start offering wider range of services.
- You don’t necessarily need an office, workshop or warehouse. You can handle the phone calls from home or outsource this function to inbound call centers.
- Be your own boss: Starting your own business means you will work for yourself. You are in complete control of your schedule and expenses. You choose the job you want to do.
- Flexible working hours: Self-employment means you can work when it suits you, whether it’s 7 days a week or only in the mornings.
Learning about these benefits and knowing the reasons why you want to start your own cleaning business will help you stay motivated even if you run into obstacles along the way. This motivation will help you overcome any setbacks and succeed in your cleaning business.
How to Start a Cleaning Business – Step by Step Guide
1. Choose a Niche
The essence of planning is to figure out what kind of cleaning service you want to offer. The scope of cleaning services is extensive. So, think about your abilities and find a niche for yourself: as you grow, you may decide to expand.
Here are a few types of cleaning services you may want to consider:
- Residential cleaning services
- trauma scene cleanup
- biohazard cleanup
- mold remediation services
2. Do your research
Another important step in starting a cleaning business is market research. This entails taking a quick survey to find out about the benefits of other cleaning companies in your area.
By researching the market, find out what the cost of cleaning services is in your area. This will give you an idea of what your rate should look like.
Also research your competitors. In this way, you will be able to learn about their strengths and
3. Get a license and insurance
For the effective operation of a professional cleaning service, a state license is required. Another consideration is insurance, which will protect you in case you damage or break an expensive piece of decor in a client’s home.
4. Join Professional associations
Joining professional unions will give you the opportunity to make contacts – you should be open to sharing your knowledge of how to provide trauma scene cleanup with other professionals.
5. Advertise your cleaning business online or on social media
Building an online presence that highlights the type of service you offer is one of the best ways to generate leads in today’s world. Social media can play a huge role in overcoming this industry challenge by giving you the opportunity to advertise what your company is doing. Remember that social media reviews are a new word of mouth.
Follow these tips and you’ll be able to start a profitable and successful cleaning business.