One of the most effective UPSC Prelims preparation strategies is to work smart, not hard. Smart work refers to techniques that help you grasp concepts and memorize them better in less time. In an examination as competitive as the UPSC, smart work techniques can help the candidate cover the syllabus well before time.
It is a widespread belief that working hard and solving UPSC Prelims Question Paper regularly will give you the result you’re looking for in UPSC Prelims. While it may work for some, others may require better strategies. Find out more about smart work tips for UPSC Prelims here.
What is Smart Work?
Hard work is out, smart work is in for candidates who want to pass the UPSC Prelims. But what is smart work and how can it help UPSC aspirants? Working smart means prioritizing the most important aspects and applying special techniques that help you prepare better.
The two most important things for UPSC aspirants are working smart and solving UPSC Previous Year Paper regularly. Being consistent with these two things can make any aspiring candidate’s dream of cracking UPSC a reality.
Difference between Smart Work and Hard Work
What defines smart work different and hard work and how are the two different? Find out by going through the comparison table shared here.
|Smart Work for UPSC Prelims||Hard Work for UPSC Prelims|
|It requires more focus on planning how to study and implementing the plan exactly.||It requires more focus on dedicating a long number of hours in a day to study without any effective plan.|
|Smart work can help you cover topics that are most important from an exam point of view quicker.||Hard work may or may not help you achieve the same.|
|Smart work leads to the candidate being more confident about results.||Hard work may not necessarily instill confidence in the candidate.|
Top Smart Work Tips for UPSC Prelims
Candidates who bag top ranks in UPSC Prelims follow smart work tips. There are many specialized study techniques that can help aspiring UPSC candidates. Being disciplined and putting in consistent efforts while working smart can help any candidate crack UPSC. Here are some of the top smart work tips for UPSC Prelims.
- One of the first things smart work for UPSC Prelims requires is planning.
- To plan your study schedule, make sure to go through the syllabus and mark out the most important topics.
- Dedicate time to the most important topics to lesser important topics accordingly.
- No amount of planning would give the candidate good results if the implementation is not done correctly.
- Make sure to stick to your plan and learn daily.
- Try to use study techniques such as Pomodoro to make the most of your time and learn more.
Solving UPSC Prelims Previous Year Papers
- This is one of the most important smart work tips for UPSC Prelims.
- Candidates need to be familiar with the structure of the question paper well before the exam.
- Solving Previous Year’s Papers can help candidates practice and get more confident about the actual exam.
- Revision is one of the most underrated smart work tips for UPSC Prelims.
- Candidates need to revise topics again and again to memorize them.
- Make sure you take out a sufficient amount of time for revisions for the entire UPSC syllabus before the exams.
UPSC Prelims are one of the most challenging exams in the country. With good preparation and a bit of smart work, any candidate can score good marks on the exam. Stick to the smart work tips for UPSC Prelims shared here to improve your study technique and become more confident about the exams.