With a good email marketing campaign, a legitimate list of subscribers is a must-have component. To put it another way, the more you communicate with your target audience, the less likely they are to receive your messages.
Cheap email validation is a critical part of any effective plan in this respect. Here are 10 of the greatest email verification techniques that you should consider using right now.
What does it mean when you say email verification?
The term “email validation” is also used to describe the process of verifying emails. It is a method for determining whether or not the email addresses in your database are valid.
When it comes to email marketing campaigns, you want to be sure you’re getting the most bang for your dollars, and email verification may help you do just that. Email verification processes may also help you lower both hard and soft bounce rates.
Ten excellent practices for verifying an email address
- Send a verification email as a follow-up. This is a typical occurrence all across the internet. Customers are often sent a confirmation email to complete the account registration process. If you haven’t already, consider incorporating this into your regular workflow.
- At the moment of collection, remove all email addresses. Lead magnets and other kinds of contact capture might be included in this category.
- Dispose of your old database. Five, ten, or even fifteen years ago, email addresses that were legitimate and active may no longer be valid today. If you have any “legacy” addresses in your database, you should remove them immediately.
- Acquire the skill of spotting “spam traps” and tracing their path to their source. Many people have “spam-trap” email accounts that they use to receive unwanted information. These “spam traps,” if they’re tied to a certain entrance point in your typical buyer’s journey, may need a change in your message or content approach.
- Invest in constant database monitoring. If you have a vast database, you must constantly “surveillance” it for any problems that can affect your deliverability.
- In order to identify spam complainers’ email addresses, look for patterns in their behavior. There may be times when it’s advisable to remove people from your email list who are only getting your communications because they consider them spam.
- Correct email address mistakes by implementing a method. Even a single character in an email address might cause a message to be marked as undeliverable and discarded. Consider using software that can discover and repair errors for you.
- Determine how to deal with email addresses depending on a user’s position. Based on the kind of company you run and your marketing objectives, this choice will have to be made. A work domain may be used instead of a personal one for a role-based email address.
- A reputable email verification service will deliver on its promises, so be careful to check. Don’t be scared to call a vendor out if they aren’t meeting your standards when it comes to scrubbing your mailing database clean and making sure it is 100% deliverable.
- Download a free guide to discover more about the benefits of email verification and how to put it into practice effectively. Fake email sign-ups should be discussed, as well as how email address data may have a significant impact on future marketing strategy and return on investment (ROI).